Reflections of the Earth

Reflections of the Earth
In a field in the outskirts of Rome

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Paddy's Day

I never celebrated St. Paddy's Day until I came to Israel...just throwing that out there...a Jewish State, and I come from a city where the Irish are pretty dominant (Boston)...does that make any sense? Not in my mind. Anyway, went to the Second Floor pub. A great place if you want a good atmosphere, nice waiters/waitresses, and good music. Tonight, the whole place was decked out with Guinness balloons and Irish flags and of course Irish music (Flogging Molly's "Drunken Lullabies" was played about 2-3 times). The Israelis seem to love celebrating this holiday, any excuse to drink I guess. Maybe it is because Boston and Haifa are sister cities and they are just similar that way...have the Irish spirit of St. Paddy's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment