Reflections of the Earth

Reflections of the Earth
In a field in the outskirts of Rome

Thursday, May 6, 2010

MASA conference and Hadag Nachash

Last night I went along with several others from the international school to see a Hadag Nachash concert (Hadag Nachash is a very popular Israeli band). After getting through the layers of security, we finally found our seats, expecting some speakers and a kick ass concert. Suddenly, in walks B.B. Netanyahu, the Prime Minister of Israel. I had heard something about him being there, but it didn't sink in until I heard the words, "Please rise for the Prime Minister Netanyahu". Netanyahu is a very good speaker, very good! He went to Harvard University in Boston which explains it all. His speech was inspiring and powerful, however, the message I feel was simple and something I have heard many times before: "Israel is Your home". I guess it depends who you are talking to...but my opinion aside, a good speech with a lot of passion. If I were an idealistic high school student, I would make Aliyah in 2 minutes, alas, I am 21 with a passion for Hiking, playing the drums, and Emergency Medicine...while I plan on making Aliyah next year, it is because I do really enjoy living in this country, Zionism aside.

After the speech, Hadag Nachash played an awesome show. It has been about three years since I saw them in concert last at Brandeis University. It was an awesome night and Hadag Nachash has and continues to be a big favorite of mine as far as Israeli bands go.

No comments:

Post a Comment